Who We Are
What Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personally identifiable information from you as you use our Sites and App. For purposes of this Policy, “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII” is defined as any information that is collected from you or provided by you that may, alone or in combination with other information, identify you. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
● Your first and last name
● Your physical or mailing address
● Your email address
● Your phone number
● Your age or date of birth
● Your race or ethnicity
● Your gender
● Your job title
● Your professional affiliation with an Ensemble Group
● Your login credentials to the Sites and/or the App
● URLs to your social media profiles
● Your location information (GPS/cellular location)
We collect PII from you when you interact with us directly and provide that information, for example when you create an account, register for an event, or make a purchase from the Sites.
When you register to join us as a member or when you renew your membership, we will ask for your PII. You will then be directed to Authorize our third party payment provider, to complete the transaction. Payment for event registrations are handled in the same way. NET does not collect or store your payment card information.
We also collect information from you about the NET services you have used, such as the types of offerings, your frequency of use and number of interactions, your travel history, and the number of offerings in a location or region.
We also collect non-identifiable, anonymous information from you as you visit our Site, view our online content, or use our services, including passively tracking technical information about your computing device and Internet connection, such as the IP address of the device and/or Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Sites, the Internet address of websites from which you link to our Site, the computer technology (such as the operating system) that you are using, and your navigation and preferences on our Site.
The anonymous data collected from you is consolidated or aggregated with those of other users and are generally not personally identifiable.
We collect passively tracked data primarily for purposes of administering, protecting, and improving our Site and our systems; to better understand the preferences of our Site visitors; to identify server problems; to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage; and to help personalize your experience of our Site.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information in the following ways:
● By you providing information to us directly, including but not limited to the following ways:
o When you join NET, you are asked to fill out a membership form and to create a user account and provide information, including PII, for NET’s records and ability to provide relevant programs and services to the field and our membership, and so that you can use the features of the Sites/App.
o Members are asked to review and update their information each year as you renew your membership.
o We collect your information when you engage in any of the following activities:
▪ sign up on the Sites for our e-newsletter;
▪ register for a NET event online through the Sites;
▪ make an online donation;
▪ apply for a grant through our NET/TEN program;
▪ apply for a member travel subsidy;
▪ submit a session proposal through the Sites for one of NET’s events;
▪ complete your profile on the App or on the Sites;
▪ provide us with information, from time to time, about the type of offering or your needs; whether they are free, paid, or traded; and your city, state, and zip code information;
▪ elect to participate in our periodic members surveys.
● By our automatic information-gathering from your use of the Sites or the App
● Through third parties
o We may collect information that other members provide about you when they use the Sites or the App.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for the original purpose for which it was collected, e.g., to create and maintain your member account, and to provide you with the services you requested and any technical support for them. We may also use this data internally: as research data to improve our services, including the performance of the Sites and the App; to report on NET’s programs to our field, funders, and program partners, including grant reporting; to send you advertising and promotions about NET’s offerings; and to inform you, other NET members, and the larger field about NET’s services, initiatives, and/or events.
● to create and provide you with a member account;
● to process your membership fees and to deliver NET Services to you;
● to communicate with you about NET Services or respond to your inquiries;
● to maintain a mailing list so we can promote NET Services, initiatives, and events to you;
● to allow us to use third-party vendor partners, such as our email service provider or payment processor, to send NET newsletters to you or process payment for your membership, event registration, or donation;
● to match your profile to facilitate App matching of offerings by search, by tags, or by possible locations;
● to track how our Site is used and analyze visits to the Sites, and to learn about the interests of our visitors in aggregate and on an individual level to better understand your interest and need, so we can improve our services and deliver the type of content, features, and promotions that you are most interested in;
● to anonymize, aggregate , and/or otherwise de-identify our member data for market research and strategic planning purposes;
● to notify you about changes to our policies and service; or
● to suggest matches based on your needs and member offerings.
How We Share or Disclose the Data We Collect
● We may disclose your PII to other NET members or NET’s third-party vendor partners or suppliers to send email notifications and in-app messaging to you, or to deliver NET Services to our members. For example, we share your information with our affiliated third-party payment processing providers to process membership fees, or with our email service provider to send transactional and promotional emails to you. We share your information with Sendbird to provide chat and messaging functions on the Sites and the App. We also share your information with Airship, our Cloud Services Provider, for development of the App and maintenance of the Sites.
● Your information may be disclosed as required by law, for security purposes, or to prevent imminent harm.
● We may disclose your information, including your PII, if we sell or buy any business or assets.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep the information that we collect only for as long as it is reasonably necessary. We will retain your information as long as it is needed to provide you with NET Services, such as to create and maintain your member account. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with applicable legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Your Privacy Rights
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your PII is accurate and kept up-to-date. We encourage you to update your PII promptly if it changes, by accessing your member profile and updating your information. You also have the right to request that we correct the PII we collect about you.
You may choose to withdraw your consent and opt out of receiving any emails or newsletters from NET. If you want to opt out, delete, or modify your PII, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe from our email list, please follow the link to unsubscribe that is included in the email. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time after receiving your request.
If you use the App, you will be able to access, change, or delete your profile information on the App. The App also allows users to opt in to receive text notifications, push notifications, or location notifications. Users may also set their contact preferences.
The Sites and the App may redirect or link to other websites on the Internet, or may otherwise include references to information or services made available by unaffiliated third parties. While we make every effort to work with trusted, reputable providers, from time to time such sites may contain information, material, or policies that some may find inappropriate or offensive. This Policy does not apply to those third-party websites, and we encourage you to read those sites’ privacy policies to understand how they collect, use, and share your information. You understand that NET has no control over and is not responsible how those third parties handle or safeguard your information, nor are we responsible for the accuracy, completeness, decency, or legality of content hosted by third-party websites, including any errors or omissions in any references made on those websites. The inclusion of such a link or reference is provided merely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association, with the sites or party by us, or any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Our Sites and the App are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Sites or through the use of the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from those under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Sites, on or through any of the features/register on our Sites, use any of the interactive features of our Sites or the App, or provide any information about yourself to us (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use). If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from someone under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about someone under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or this address: NET, PO Box 83526, Portland, OR 97283.
For California Residents:
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits our members that are California residents to request from us, once a year and without charge, the names and addresses of those third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and information regarding the categories of personal information that were disclosed to such third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or this address: NET, PO Box 83526, Portland, OR 97283.
The Sites and the App, including any public forums that are provided, are not specifically aimed at those under the age of 18 (minors). To the extent that minors post content on the Sites or through features on the App, they may remove, or request the removal of, such content on the website pursuant to The Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World Act (Eraser Law). Please request content removal in writing by email or written request to the contact address provided below. NET will take reasonable steps to remove or hide such content on the Sites or the App. However, please note that such removal may not remove all traces of the posted content.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented various industry standard security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your PII is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized personnel and service providers who have special access rights in order to do their jobs and are required to keep the information confidential. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect our Sites/App users’ PII and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose or share your personal or other information.
Do Not Track Signals
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals.
From time to time, NET may update this Policy. Any changes in the Policy in the future will be posted on this page with an updated effective date. NET encourages you to return to this page from time to time to review our Policy for updates and changes.
Privacy Questions Contact
Last updated 12/13/2021